Discover the Advantages of SFG Wealth Planning Services
Founded in 1993, we are a fee-only financial planning team dedicated to senior executives only. Our clients are decision makers whose time is their most valuable asset. They are looking to delegate aspects of their financial, tax planning and investment activities to accelerate and protect their wealth, while they manage their careers.
All of our clients have complex stock-based compensation issues that require a high degree of specialized expertise. That’s why we accept executives representing both private companies and America’s FORTUNE 500 companies.
What Makes SFG Unique?
- Concentrate first on source of wealth We advocate a fee-only, holistic approach to financial planning that begins at wealth’s source: the stock-based compensation of senior executives.
- Integrate power of wealth multiplier effect with financial planning Few sources offer as rapid a chance to build wealth as an executive’s stock-based compensation plan.
- Focus on FORTUNE 500 companies To provide the expertise required for our clients’ plans, SFG focuses on the stock-based, deferred compensation, pension, and 401(k) plans, as well as company insurance, of FORTUNE 500 companies.
- Pursue a highly engaged, personalized approach to implementing and monitoring each plan Through our Executive Planning Services, SFG implements and monitors all aspects of a client’s financial life on a fee-only basis, covering stock-based compensation, estate, retirement, education, tax, insurance, and investment planning.
- We maintain fiduciary responsibility for our clients' investment portfolios and our investment committee is chaired by President Chuck Steege. Our investment capabilities are augmented by an external team of specialized professionals - including PhD's in economics, CFAs and MBAs - who assist in selecting and monitoring the investments and provide overall oversight of the portfolio. This oversight allows us to optimize our resources and dedicate substantial attention to our clients' investments.
Meet the Team
Charles "Chuck" Steege, CFP®, CEP, CKA®President, Financial Advisor to Senior-level Executives
Founder Charles "Chuck" Steege, CFP®, CEP, CKA® is a Financial Advisor to Senior-level Executives of public and private companies. He helps executives unlock the value from their varied and complex stock-based compensation plans and equity awards by combining his experience and training as a financial planner and equity plan professional. He chairs SFG's Investment Committee. A graduate of Gordon College, Chuck has been providing advice since 1985, and has been a licensee with the Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards since 1990. Chuck is a Paladin Registry Five Star Rated Advisor, is a licensed practitioner and a member of Kingdom Advisors, along with being a member of the National Association of Stock Plan Professionals.
Matthew P. Witter, CFP®, ChFC®, AIF®Senior Vice President, Lead Advisor/Investment Specialist
Matthew P. Witter, CFP®, ChFC®, AIF® is responsible for developing financial plans for executive clients, along with providing lead advice to the firm’s Executive Planning Services and Financial Independence Planning Services clients. He is passionate about helping our clients achieve financial peace of mind and living fulfilling lives. He is also co-chair of the investment committee, where he ensures the firm’s philosophy, approach and methodology. Previously, Matt served as a senior advisor to ultra-high net worth individuals and made significant contributions toward their financial success through rigorous planning and tax minimization strategies. Matt holds his Series 65 license and is an investment advisor representative of SFG Investment Advisors, Inc. Matt is a Certified Financial Planner (CFP®) licensee and has also earned the Chartered Financial Consultant (ChFC®) and the Accredited Investment Fiduciary (AIF®) designations.
Kelly J. Groff, CFP®, CKA®Vice President, Director of Portfolio Administration
Kelly J. Groff, CFP®, CKA® provides ongoing support to Executive Planning Services clients, and investment management support for the firm’s clients. He graduated with a Bachelor of Science in Mathematics from Bob Jones University in 1989. Kelly has been a licensee with the Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards since 2005. He holds his Series 65 and is an investment advisor representative of SFG Investment Advisors, Inc., registered with the Pennsylvania Securities Commission. In July of 2017, Kelly earned the designation Certified Kingdom Advisor and has been with SFG for over 20 years.
Corinna L. GarisClient Development Coordinator
Corinna L. Garis seeks to develop relationships with new, qualified financial planning clients and engages in marketing events and activities. Corinna holds a Bachelor of Music Education degree from Moravian College. She joined the team in May 2016 bringing her experience in Office Administration, Human Resources and Property Management.
John C. H. HendricksJunior Associate Planner
John C. H. Hendricks is responsible for the compilation of financial plans and provides support for the Executive Planning Services and Financial Independence Planning Services clients. He joined the SFG team in September 2018 after working as an Executive Assistant for a major real estate developer in the greater Philadelphia area. John graduated from Temple University’s Fox School of Business with a bachelor’s degree in Finance and Management Information Systems.
Rita SilvestriClient Service Associate
Rita Silvestri brings with her, 25 years of professional experience in the Investment Industry. She has managed relationships with a broad range of customers and prides herself in providing client service excellence. Rita is responsible for the Client Service matters of the firm and works directly with clients to effectively manage their needs and preferences. Rita graduated from the University of Pittsburgh with a bachelor’s degree in Business and Political Science.
Barbara NewsomeOffice Administrator
Barbara Newsome manages the efficiency of our operation. She oversees office and facilities logistics, manages our calendars, schedules appointments and is our “go to”, multi-tasker who keeps our processes in motion. Barb took business administration courses at Delaware Valley University and brings with her, over twenty years of administrative experience in the pharmaceutical, manufacturing and construction industries.
Sherry J. AllebachClient Development Associate
Sherry J. Allebach supports SFG’s marketing and business development efforts by seeking and engaging new, qualified financial planning clients and facilitating various marketing events and activities. Sherry joined the team in March of 2019 bringing her experience in Business, Sales and Marketing and Communications. Sherry has taken courses at Lansdale School of Business, has a degree in Cosmetology and has worked as a personal assistant to mature women, helping them live a vibrant, fulfilling life.