Discover the Advantages of SFG Wealth Planning Services
Founded in 1993, we are a fee-only financial planning team dedicated to senior executives only. Our clients are decision makers whose time is their most valuable asset. They are looking to delegate aspects of their financial, tax planning and investment activities to accelerate and protect their wealth, while they manage their careers.
All of our clients have complex stock-based compensation issues that require a high degree of specialized expertise. That’s why we accept executives representing both private companies and America’s FORTUNE 500 companies.
What Makes SFG Unique?
- Concentrate first on source of wealth We advocate a fee-only, holistic approach to financial planning that begins at wealth’s source: the stock-based compensation of senior executives.
- Integrate power of wealth multiplier effect with financial planning Few sources offer as rapid a chance to build wealth as an executive’s stock-based compensation plan.
- Focus on FORTUNE 500 companies To provide the expertise required for our clients’ plans, SFG focuses on the stock-based, deferred compensation, pension, and 401(k) plans, as well as company insurance, of FORTUNE 500 companies.
- Pursue a highly engaged, personalized approach to implementing and monitoring each plan Through our Executive Planning Services, SFG implements and monitors all aspects of a client’s financial life on a fee-only basis, covering stock-based compensation, estate, retirement, education, tax, insurance, and investment planning.
- We maintain fiduciary responsibility for our clients' investment portfolios and our investment committee is chaired by President Chuck Steege. Our investment capabilities are augmented by an external team of specialized professionals - including PhD's in economics, CFAs and MBAs - who assist in selecting and monitoring the investments and provide overall oversight of the portfolio. This oversight allows us to optimize our resources and dedicate substantial attention to our clients' investments.
Meet the Team
Charles "Chuck" Steege, CFP®, CEP, CKA®President, Financial Advisor to Senior-level Executives
Founder Charles "Chuck" Steege, CFP®, CEP, CKA® is a Financial Advisor to Senior-level Executives of public and private companies. He helps executives unlock the value from their varied and complex stock-based compensation plans and equity awards by combining his experience and training as a financial planner and equity plan professional. He chairs SFG's Investment Committee. A graduate of Gordon College, Chuck has been providing advice since 1985, and has been a licensee with the Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards since 1990. Chuck is a Paladin Registry Five Star Rated Advisor, is a licensed practitioner and a member of Kingdom Advisors, along with being a member of the National Association of Stock Plan Professionals.
Kelly J. Groff, CFP®, CKA®Vice President, Director of Portfolio Administration
Kelly J. Groff, CFP®, CKA® provides ongoing support to Executive Planning Services clients, and investment management support for the firm’s clients. He graduated with a Bachelor of Science in Mathematics from Bob Jones University in 1989. Kelly has been a licensee with the Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards since 2005. He holds his Series 65 and is an investment advisor representative of SFG Investment Advisors, Inc., registered with the Pennsylvania Securities Commission. In July of 2017, Kelly earned the designation Certified Kingdom Advisor.
Matthew P. Witter, CFP®, AIF®, C(k)P®Lead Advisor/Investment Specialist
Matthew P. Witter, CFP, AIF, C(k)P, Lead Advisor, Investment Specialist is responsible for developing financial plans for executive clients, along with providing lead advice to the firm’s Executive Planning Services and Financial Independence Planning Services clients. He is passionate about helping our clients achieve financial peace of mind and living fulfilling lives. He is also co-chair of the investment committee, where he ensures the firm’s philosophy, approach and methodology. Previously, Matt served as a senior advisor to ultra-high net worth individuals and made significant contributions toward their financial success through rigorous planning and tax minimization strategies. Matt holds his Series 65 license and is an investment advisor representative of SFG Investment Advisors, Inc. Matt is a Certified Financial Planner (CFP) licensee and has earned the Accredited Investment Fiduciary (AIF) and the Certified 401(k) Professional (C(k)P) designations. He is currently pursuing the Chartered Financial Consultant (ChFC) designation.
Jason M. O’Meara, CFP®Senior Associate Planner
Jason M. O’Meara, CFP, Senior Associate Planner, is responsible for the compilation of financial plans and provides ongoing financial planning support to Executive Planning Services and Financial Independence Planning Services clients to help them navigate toward financial peace of mind. Jason entered the profession with Prudential Financial in 2011 before joining the SFG team in January 2018. He holds a bachelor’s in Business Administration from Holy Family University and his Series 65. He is also a member of the Financial Planning Association and is an adjunct professor with the American College of Financial Services.
Corinna L. GarisClient Development Associate
Corinna L. Garis serves as Client Development Associate, engaging in marketing events and activities. She seeks to develop relationships with new, qualified financial planning clients. Corinna holds a Bachelor of Music Education degree from Moravian College. She joined the team in May 2016 bringing her experience in Office Administration, Human Resources and Property Management.
Edith WegnerSenior Client Service Specialist
Edith Wegner is the Senior Client Service Specialist at SFG. With over 25 years of professional experience, including 13 years in M&A as well as Business Development and Human Resources with a Big Four accounting firm, Edith is responsible for overseeing and managing the client administration and account servicing matters of the firm. She graduated from the three-year diploma program at the Seminary of the Reformed Episcopal Church in Blue Bell, PA.
Stephanie K. FeeOffice Administrator
Stephanie K. Fee, Office Administrator, manages the efficiency of our operation. She brings with her 17 years of professional experience as a legal assistant, a paralegal and as an executive assistant. In addition to her professional experience, Stephanie proudly served four years in the U.S. Army Reserves as a finance specialist, graduating in the top 10% of her company, and completed Military Police training. She was awarded numerous certificates of achievement, including the Commanding General’s Award for Excellence.