Discover the Advantages of SFG Wealth Planning Services
Founded in 1993, we are a fee-only financial planning team dedicated to senior executives only. Our clients are decision makers whose time is their most valuable asset. They are looking to delegate aspects of their financial, tax planning and investment activities to accelerate and protect their wealth, while they manage their careers.
All of our clients have complex stock-based compensation issues that require a high degree of specialized expertise. That’s why we accept executives representing both private companies and America’s FORTUNE 500 companies.
What Makes SFG Unique?
- Concentrate first on source of wealth We advocate a fee-only, holistic approach to financial planning that begins at wealth’s source: the stock-based compensation of senior executives.
- Integrate power of wealth multiplier effect with financial planning Few sources offer as rapid a chance to build wealth as an executive’s stock-based compensation plan.
- Focus on FORTUNE 500 companies To provide the expertise required for our clients’ plans, SFG focuses on the stock-based, deferred compensation, pension, and 401(k) plans, as well as company insurance, of FORTUNE 500 companies.
- Pursue a highly engaged, personalized approach to implementing and monitoring each plan Through our Executive Planning Services, SFG implements and monitors all aspects of a client’s financial life on a fee-only basis, covering stock-based compensation, estate, retirement, education, tax, insurance, and investment planning.
- We maintain fiduciary responsibility for our clients' investment portfolios and our investment committee is chaired by President Chuck Steege. Our investment capabilities are augmented by an external team of specialized professionals - including PhD's in economics, CFAs and MBAs - who assist in selecting and monitoring the investments and provide overall oversight of the portfolio. This oversight allows us to optimize our resources and dedicate substantial attention to our clients' investments.
Meet the Team
Charles "Chuck" Steege, CFP®, CEP, CKA®President, Financial Advisor to Senior-level Executives
Founder Charles "Chuck" Steege, CFP®, CEP, CKA® is a Financial Advisor to Senior-level Executives of public and private companies. He helps executives unlock the value from their varied and complex stock-based compensation plans and equity awards by combining his experience and training as a financial planner and equity plan professional. He chairs SFG's Investment Committee. A graduate of Gordon College, Chuck has been providing advice since 1985, and has been a licensee with the Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards since 1990. Chuck is a Paladin Registry Five Star Rated Advisor, is a licensed practitioner and a member of Kingdom Advisors, along with being a member of the National Association of Stock Plan Professionals.
Kelly J. Groff, CFP®Vice President, Director of Portfolio Administration
Kelly J. Groff, CFP® provides ongoing support to Executive Planning Services clients, and investment management support for the firm’s clients. He graduated with a Bachelor of Science in Mathematics from Bob Jones University in 1989. Kelly is a member of the Financial Planning Association. He holds his Series 65 and is an investment advisor representative of SFG Investment Advisors, Inc., registered with the Pennsylvania Securities Commission.
Alison W. Kerber, CFP®Senior Associate Planner
Alison W. Kerber, CFP® is responsible for the compilation and presentation of financial plans. She has been a member of the SFG team since April 2005, and holds a Bachelor's Degree of Social Work from Temple University. Alison holds her Series 65 and is an investment advisor representative of SFG Investment Advisors, Inc., registered with the Pennsylvania Securities Commission.
Corinna L. GarisClient Development Associate
Corinna L. Garis serves as Client Development Associate. Engaging in marketing events and activities, Corinna seeks to develop relationships with new, qualified financial planning clients. She joined the team in May 2016 bringing her experience in Office Administration, Human Resources and Property Management. Corinna has a Bachelor of Music Education and is also a candidate for the Series 65 Exam.
Edith WegnerClient Service Associate
Edith Wegner is the Client Service Associate at SFG. With over 25 years of professional experience, including 13 years in M&A and Business Development with a Big Four accounting firm, Edith is responsible for overseeing and managing the daily administrative and client service matters of the firm. She is currently pursuing coursework toward the diploma program at the Seminary of the Reformed Episcopal Church in Blue Bell, PA.